MILAGRO ADVENTURE




Saturday, February 25, 2012

In the meantime 2

As I write this part of the story I am back in North Carolina, reviewing notes I made weeks ago, and wishing I were back on board Milagro with Larry. We talk almost daily and I know that he is working very hard and could use my help.
In just the past few days he has had people aboard working on Milagro's counter tops which definitely needed a face lift. While that mess is going on (think white dust everywhere) Larry is cleaning and painting under the main bunk, readying the area for the new auto pilot, and running wires for an electric winch.  I know I am a good "scrub nurse," finding and bringing him tools as he needs them. I can also make sure he eats, something he often forgets (or just doesn't take time) to do. And of course I can take care of household duties, laundry, cleaning shopping, etc. And maybe most important, be ready with hugs and back rubs at the end of the day. I know there are women out there, even some of our children!, who think that being that kind of partner is old-fashioned. One of the pluses of aging is not giving a happy hoot what others think!
Anyway, all of these thoughts make me wish, fervently, that I were there right now; I'm working on  making that come true...sooner rather than later.
 I miss the sunsets, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment