MILAGRO ADVENTURE




Sunday, January 22, 2012

On your mark, get set......

La Paz, seen from the mountain above Marina Palmira
In two days I will be on my way to La Paz, Mexico via Charlotte, Phoenix and San Jose Cabo. I'm just about ready: all the plans are in motion and most of the items on my list have check marks next to them. A good friend who had spent much of her life traveling overseas once told me, "The only things you absolutely must have with you to begin a journey are your plane ticket, your passport and a credit card. As long as you have those three things you can purchase any other necessities upon your arrival." Check... check... and check.
Erin and I at Bay Fest
Yum! Taco fixin's
Of course I am excited about seeing Larry again as well as revisiting Milagro, good friends, and the city of LaPaz. And, sigh, I confess my mouth is watering for tortilla soup, chilaquiles, tacos and double stuffed white chocolate covered Oreos (an American-made confection which I am unable to locate in Publix, Harris Teeter, Food Lion, or WalMart, but is readily available in Chedraui in downtown La Paz!)
And although I am already eager to make this trip, there is a new incentive: the past few days have been cold and rainy, so dreary even Mary Poppins would have had a hard time being cheerful.  I long for sunshine and comfortable temperatures and being able to step outside without coat, hat, scarf, gloves and boots. So I'll be off in a couple of days, bound for balmy weather, a reunion with my Captain and the beginning of a new adventure.  La Paz, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment