MILAGRO ADVENTURE




Thursday, April 12, 2012

Four Seasons

I moved into my apartment in Cary, NC in July. The rains had been kind to the area so everything was green. Having lived in a desert region the past year I was captivated by the landscape along with the haze that lingers in the hot summer months. Friends and family complained about the heat but I found temperatures to be comfortable, despite the humidity.


With the advent of Autumn I reveled in brisk cool mornings with pleasant afternoons. It was great to be outside in this weather! Between the beautiful foliage and pleasant temperatures I enjoyed many long walks on the well-planned greenways and in local neighborhoods. A friend and I spent one gorgeous Sunday afternoon wandering among lovely fall gardens, all part of the Fuquay Varina Garden Club Tour.


With winter came near freezing temperatures and a humidity I now found bothersome. Only once did snow dust the ground. I admit to feeling that childlike delight in waking up, looking out my window and seeing huge flakes in the air and snow building up on the ground and the bare branches. But I never got used to the cold...and me a New Hampshire girl born and raised! I was most comfortable under the electric blanket Larry bought me in December.

Spring made an early visit. So many plants and trees were flowering in February. I was delighted to see the early arrival of blossoms and to feel the sun on my face. There is something about the arrival of Spring that makes one glad to be alive. The renewal of the earth brings an interior renewal. I couldn't stifle the urge to deep clean my apartment!

And so the cycle continue. I have always felt the passage of time through the changing of the seasons, no matter how subtle.  Perhaps having an opportunity to feel that passage more intensely during my stay here was all part of the plan.


No comments:

Post a Comment