MILAGRO ADVENTURE




Friday, November 16, 2012

Lif is good

Had a banner day yesterday.We are down to one vehicle for the moment so Larry dropped me off for my yoga class before heading out for some errands. I was starving after class and Larry kindly took me, along with my new Australian friend, to a local bagel shop which rivals Einstein Bros., for some breakfast. While I sipped an excellent latte and waited for food Larry crossed the street to purchase tickets for a concert featuring Jackie (Miller) Davidson (who along with Randy Sparks was  one of the original New Christy Minstrels) and Gary Brandt, folklorist and songwriter. At that moment the couple appeared at our table (obviously seeking their own fresh bagels and cream cheese) and invited us to the performance. Can't wait for Saturday night; it should be a blast.
Meanwhile we had been invited to attend a recital at the local music school which included a performance by Alex, the young classical guitarist we met at a dock party recently. After a nice dinner at Tailhunters we drove out to the school and heard a
Alex play: he is a true musician, blessed not only with technical ability but with "soul" as well. It was wonderful.
We also enjoyed chatting with two young women from Montreal who had traveled to the Baja for a kayaking/camping adventure and were being hosted by Julio and Maria, Alex's parents.
One of the things I love the most about our "adventure" here in Mexico is the opportunity to meet people of all ages, from all over the world, and from all walks of life. I have an enormous curiosity about how and why other people came to be here. Or I'm just nosy!

No comments:

Post a Comment